Schedule a Group
The Museum of Osteology is now available to schedule your classroom or group visit. The museum is self-guided and most groups generally spend 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on your group. Scavenger hunts are available on our website under the “Education” section. Groups of 20 or more qualify for our group discount. For more details about group pricing or to schedule your reservation, please call 405-814-0006.
The Museum of Osteology wants to ensure everyone is safe and has a good time. Therefore, we have a few basic rules we like to go over before your groups visit.
- No food, drinks or gum allowed in the museum.
- No running or horseplay.
- Please use inside voices. The museum is small and too many loud voices can become overwhelming.
- No climbing on specimens or exhibits. Specimens that are not behind glass may be gently touched.
Photos are encouraged, so bring your cameras!
To schedule a reservation or ask questions about your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-814-0006.
Birthday Parties at the Museum of Osteology
The Museum of Osteology is available for Birthday Parties. Parties must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance and are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis. Parties last approximately 2 hours and include activities (listed below). The fee for birthday parties is $250 and includes up to 25 guest admissions. A deposit of $250 is required to hold your reservation. The member rate for parties is $225. No coupons or other discounts are accepted for birthday parties. 24 hour notice is required to cancel your reservation.
What we provide:
1. Classroom space with tables and chairs to accommodate up to 25 participants.
2. An exclusive educational, hands-on presentation (30 min, we will talk about skulls and what we can learn from them. We will also pass several specimens around for the children to feel and see various characteristics up close).
3. Self-guided museum time. Your group can view exhibits at your leisure after the party.
4. A free Museum of Osteology t-shirt for the birthday child.
What you will need to provide:
1. You will need to provide any and all beverages for your attendees. Beverages must be clear, non-staining (sprite, 7-up, clear juice, etc.). Cola, Kool-Aid and other dyed drinks will not be allowed.
2. You will be responsible for providing any and all cake, cupcakes, or treats for your guests.
3. You are allowed to bring decorations for the birthday room. You will need to hang all decor prior to the party time and remove the decorations after the party.
1. Invitations and envelopes are available for $2.50 for a pack of 5.
2. Party favor bags are available for $5.00 per bag. (each bag includes an assortment of items from the gift store)
Exclusive After-Hours Viewing
The museum is available for after-hours access for corporate events and private gatherings. Rates start at $200 for up to 2 hours of exclusive museum viewing, 6pm to 8pm, seven days a week. A deposit of $200 is required to hold your reservation and includes 25 guest admissions. Each additional admission is $8 per person and will be charged to the credit card used to hold your reservation, with a maximum of 150 guests. No coupons or other discounts are accepted for after-hours events. No food or drink will be provided or allowed during corporate events and private gatherings. 24 hour notice is required to cancel your reservation.
Specialty Parties (Bar and Bat Mitzvah, Quinceañera, Weddings, etc.)
Specialty parties at the museum start at $1500 and allows up to 5 hours of exclusive museum time, 5pm to 10pm. A deposit of $1500 is required to hold your reservation and includes up to 100 guest admissions. Each additional admission is $8 per person and will be charged to the credit card used to hold your reservation, with a maximum of 150 guests. All furniture rentals including chairs, tables, decorations, etc. are to be arranged and provided by the renter. 24 hour notice is required to cancel your reservation.
All refreshments and food shall be provided by the renter. Any liquids need to be clear. No dyed punch or sodas are allowed. There are no open flames or candles allowed in the museum.
Questions? Please call to let us know how we can accommodate your get together.